Craft & Consumption

Friday, May 1, 2009

Patio Inspiration

We're planning a patio off to the side of our house, and this means lots of gardening and design research! The patio will be situated between our little orchard and the west wall of our little home. More images to come of the actual house. Just some ideas  for planters here from DIY Ideas.


I love the varying heights of the planters that Katy just posted on her blog. My mother has similar tall urn-like planters at her door and it is gorgeous!

I love the planter box on the side of this little patio (from Design*Sponge). I want to put a raised box with tall flowers in it to act as a big green and floral wall. 
I just bought this Campanula flower at the local greenhouse. It's very tall and blooming happily in my front yard! If it makes it through the winter I hope to get many more next year!

Mark's mom recently introduced me to Bachelor Buttons. They are the most vibrant blue flower with a very full bloom. I'd love to grow these tall flowers in the raised beds around the patio. 





No comments:

Post a Comment