Craft & Consumption

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shadow Boxes: Joseph Cornell

I was reading a post over at Crafty Nest about repurposing old drawers for shadow boxes. It reminded me of artist Joseph Cornell's beautifully eclectic works of assemblage. I learned about Cornell's work via Professor Bertolo, a Photo and Imaging prof at NYU who taught a collage class there while I was pursuing my un

dergraduate degree. He was a super interesting character, a recluse. Check him out!


A few of Joseph Cornell's shadow boxes:



Another shadow box idea DIY from Design*Sponge.


The original Crafty Nest old drawer-->shadow box DIY is below. I don't love the finished product, but I think the drawer transformation is a genius idea. What an easy way to experiment with this format! If I make my own I will definitely draw on Joseph Cornell for inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment