Craft & Consumption

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Designer Spotlight: ENK Accessories Show NYC

Just got back from the ENK Accessories show in NYC. Sorrelli exhibited at Pier 94. There were some awesome clothing designers that I got to check out at the concurrent show over at Pier 92.  Alexia Admor was one in particular my Mum and I were drawn to. Mom really liked this champagne shimmery dress, which I have to say looked better on the hanger than it does on this e-dress me model below.

I also bought a beautiful beach cover up from a friend down the isle, Jay (of the husband and wife team Deepa Gurnani). He promised to ship it before my 6/10 trip to France!! It's from their upcoming line, so pictures online of the beautiful tunic do not exist yet. Deepa Gurnani also does great headbands. I'm kind of bumming that I didn't get one at wholesale prices. I'll have to wait til the next show in August.

I also got to meet the lovely Wendy Mink behind Wendy Mink Jewelry. Her designs are amazing, and her team was so warm and friendly at the show. Cant' wait to stop by her boutique on Orchard next time I'm in the city. I bought some beautiful tear drop earrings from Wendy, so excited to wear the gold and turquoise works of art!

More coverage of some of the amazing independent designers I met at the show to come...!

No comments:

Post a Comment