Craft & Consumption

Saturday, February 18, 2012

NYFW Fall 2012


I had the pleasure of attending NYFW last weekend and seeing quite a few lovely shows. Thank you to my friend Julia at Fashion Pulse Daily for giving me the opportunity and letting me write for her! I'll have details on all of the shows I attended to come, but below is the first runway show I reviewed for Fashion Pulse earlier this week.

Ruffian Fall 2012:




Earthy plaid, velvets, and leather accents ruled the ensembles at Ruffian this season, giving an English-countryside vibe inside of Lincoln Center on a snowy NYC day. Designers Claude Morais and Brian Wolk trimmed a plaid jacket in contrasting plaid pockets, pairing the look with billowing velvet pants and accents of red. We could picture a modern-day Katherine Hepburn rocking the wide-leg pants in her signature menswear inspired style. A black and grey plaid blazer got a modern update with wide, sharp leather lapels that were truly gorgeous. An airy white blouse with dramatic collar ties paired with a coy leather skirt felt wearable, modern, and classic.
While we could’ve done without the felt fedoras in burgundy, black, and taupe (men’s hats on the runway seem to be a big trend this season), the faux bobs underneath with loose, voluminous curls and bold red lips that bounced down the runway had us hurting for some loose curls of our own (and of course, the entire Ruffian look!).

Check out my article and LOTS more Fashion Week coverage here at FashionPulseDaily.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment