Craft & Consumption

Friday, July 3, 2009

Material Culture, Philadelphia


I just read an article over at Design Sponge about the furniture store Material Culture down in Philadelphia. I will definitely be taking a drive down this summer to the Wissahickon Avenue location. The store seems to stock an unbelievable selection of home furnishings from throughout the world. 

 
The interior shots of the store remind me of my recent trip to the jam packed outdoor market, or medina, that I recently went to in Rabat. I bought some punched brass lanterns there, which I plan to hang outdoors on my new patio. I can't wait to search for more unique outdoor furnishings at Material Culture.

The image below is a photo from the home of Material Culture owner, George. The 18th century Moghul teak arches look freaking fantastic by the glow of candlelight.  

 






No comments:

Post a Comment