Craft & Consumption

Monday, August 19, 2013

Currently Coveting: Summer 2013

Summer '13




I'm currently coveting this great striped dress. It's an Asos find and has a fun natural swing to it. The first day I wore it I got home from a long day at work and listened to my boyfriend practice his DJ set (he had an event the following night). I danced in our living room and the cut of the dress just encouraged more dancing. I felt like one of those 50's chics that you see in dance-instructing YouTube videos (like this). I say any dress that inspires that level of silliness is a closet YES.

I've been wearing mine with summer-appropriate gold and turquoise accessories from Sorrelli and my new wrap-leather Michael Kors watch (a gift from my extremely thoughtful colleagues). I also just got this great pair of 'Josephine' Michael Kors sandals which I've been wearing all summer long. Apparently it's been an MK summer in my household! The sandal find I owe to my shopping bud who tipped me off and introduced me to these simple, luxe gladiators! It's so nice to have a quality pair of sandalias that make any old outfit feel special. I've been trying to invest in quality pieces this year instead of buying cheap Target and Old Navy versions all year long. You'd be surprised how quickly $15 and $30 purchases add up to a few hundred dollars!

What are your summer staples? Striped dresses, turquoise jewels, some camel leather accents and I'm set. Can it be summer forever?





No comments:

Post a Comment